Sunday, October 16, 2011

{Mind} Compliment Jar

Mental health is just as important as physical health for wellbeing. I was recently given a great idea that I wanted to share with everyone. All of us have bad days and times when we feel less than special. Sometimes we need a reminder of how awesome are! A great idea for this is to make a "compliment jar". Take any jar or container, decorate as you please, and start filling it up! Everytime someone pays you a compliment, whether its about your work life, fashion, personality or something nice you did for someone, write it down on a scrap of paper and put it in the jar. Collect your compliments for a week, month, year-how ever long you like. At the end of that time, dump out your compliments and read them, to see just how great you are. You can also use this anytime you are feeling down or having a bad day to help boost your mood.
Below is an example of my compliment jar that I made and will start to use. I have recently gotten into DIY and crafting so I thought this was a good way to try out a new idea.  I decorated the jar using homeade modge podge and a vintage label I found online.

I made homemade Modge Podge by mixing one bottle of Elmers glue with equal parts water...easy!




Here is the finished product! I just found a glass jar and modge podged the label to it. I used the modge podge all over the jar to create the frosted look. Now I just need to fill it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment