When of my goals this year is to eat healthier. I have noticed that I am not getting the results I want from exercise alone, which is what I thought the key was, and have learned that is not the case. What you eat is the most important thing in fitness and health. There are several statements that say that abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. I have always thought I ate fairly healthy but I never really paid attention to how much I ate and never stopped myself from having a cookie or 3.
My goals are to eat clean- try and avoid processed foods and alot of sugar as much as possible. I want to try and eat only foods that could spoil....nothing that is still good a year after buying!
Try and avoid carbs at dinner/before bed and eat them only morning and lunch
Drink 8 glasses of water per day
Drink one cup (at least) of green tea a day
Protein shakes
I know this is going to be difficult due to my lack of willpower but I think if I can make it a routine and cook for meals at home, than it will become more of a lifestyle than something that takes effort. I am going to start tonight by cooking up some chicken breasts and kashi rice pilaf for lunches.
No comments:
Post a Comment